Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

#Spotlight Sight Unseen by Susan Mac Nicol #GayRomance



Sight Unseen by Susan Mac Nicol with Nicholas Downs
Excerpt:
He adjusted my hands, so that one cupped one side of the clay while the other was placed over the top, fingers over my other hand. “Using the heel of this hand,” he tapped on the one over the top, “start to press down firmly in the middle of the clay, creating a depression. Keep it steady, and use your fingers to press your hand against the clay, keeping it in place. Use the water, make sure it’s kept wet. Things are always better when they’re wet.” I swallowed but obeyed, my cock now in an unbearable state of ready-to-launch mode. “You, my friend, are a plagiarist.” I wasn’t sure if that was the right word to use for someone who copied film scenes, not literature, but it was all I had. I was proud I was even able to speak. I watched as the clay began to shrink downward, creating more of an uneven bowl-like shape. “What do you mean?” Nate’s fingers rubbed against mine teasingly. “Oh come on. Ghost? The movie with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore? You mean to tell me you aren’t re-creating that scene—my favorite scene of the whole film as you well know—for my benefit? And from the feel of it, your gratification?” Nate’s tongue licked my ear as he chuckled, and that sexy sound drove me crazier. “I knew you’d get it. I’ve been waiting ages to do this with you. It’s such a turn on.” He nibbled at my ear and pulled my ponytail at the same time. A surge of pleasure went straight to my cock and I gasped. I’d had enough of his teasing.


I took my foot off the pedal, and the wheel slowed. I didn’t care what happened to the clay at this point. It could dry up and become a misshapen blob for all I cared. This was war. “Step back, Nate, I’m getting up.” I didn’t want to surprise him moving too quickly, and send him flying. As I stood, I moved in one fluid movement and grasped his biceps. I manoeuvred him back against the nearest wall and pressed against him, grabbing his wrists and holding him still. Nate’s eyes were half closed, his face flushed, and there was the faintest trace of a smirk on his delicious lips. He looked sexy as hell. I pressed my lips against his ear. “I’ve been trying to be a gentleman and make sure we were both ready for this but you’ve tipped me over the edge.” I reached one hand down and into his sweatpants, grabbing his cock. He was already slick, hot and smooth in my hand.

Nate’s eyes opened, desire swirling in their dark depths and his full, pink lips parted as he breathed out warm, coffee-scented air. His free hand rested on my hip. “Now this is what’s going to happen,” I growled. “I’m going to relieve you of the hard-on that’s been pressing into my back and driving me wild, then you’re going to get on your knees for me and relieve mine.” Nate smiled, a huge beautiful smile that made my heart ache. He pushed himself into my hand, and his lips brushed mine like the soft caress of a whisper. “Please,” was all he said, and the need in his tone undid me.


https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/f5/1.5/16/1f4cc.png📌CONNECT WITH SUSAN & NICHOLAShttps://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/fc1/1.5/16/1f495.png💕
Susan Mac Nicol Author Page
https://www.facebook.com/authorsusanmacnicol/
Nicholas Downs Fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/Nicholas-Downs-97159977384/
https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/f5/1.5/16/1f4cc.png📌BOOK TRAILERhttps://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/fc1/1.5/16/1f495.png💕
https://youtu.be/6sNjNYnBUq0
https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/f5/1.5/16/1f4cc.png📌SOCIAL NETWORK LINKS
Twitter: @SusanMacNicol7     @NicholasDowns
Instagram: @susiemax77    @nicholasdownsactor
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/susiemax77
Susan’s website
www.authorsusanmacnicol.com
Nicholas’ website
www.nicholasdowns.com



SIGHT UNSEEN
Collaborative project with actor Nicholas Downs and writer Susan Mac Nicol

When Nate Powell loses his sight in a hit and run accident, it’s not all he loses. He loses his boyfriend Jon, and in his opinion, the ability to sculpt and be the up and coming artist he was. After an initial bout of anger and resentment, Nate tries to adapt to his new way of life. Of course, having a pushy and quirky best friend who challenges you every step of the way is both a blessing and a curse. Especially when certain forbidden feelings still run deep within the two men. Cody Fisher has been crazy in love with Nate since they were seventeen. Does he stand a chance now Jon has gone, even knowing Nate pushed Cody away all those years ago? Will Nate acknowledge the feelings that run deep within him and realise that the man for him is only a turn of the potter’s wheel away?
Clay can be moulded but what happens when things get bent out of shape?  It’s time to break it down and rebuild it from the beginning.

The background
Nicholas and I got to know each other when I interviewed him for Divine Magazine. We kept in touch and I was thrilled when I learnt he was reading my books. In February 2016, Nicholas messaged me and asked me to read a script he’d written. It sounded like something I’d love so of course I did. Things evolved to the point where we decided to collaborate to write a full story based on his film script, and then develop a screen play together with a view to getting it to screen.

My part in this project was to write the book, get it out there, and then help write the screen play. Nicholas, with his LA and Hollywood connections is the go to guy to see if we can feasibly get this book made into film.


The book was released on 26 Jan 2017, and Nicholas and I are now in the final stages of polishing the script so we can offer it to interested parties and enter it into competitions. Wish us luck in bringing this to the screen!

Author Bio


Sue writes steamy, sexy and fun contemporary gay romance stories, some suspenseful, some gritty and dark, and others just plain ahhhh.... sweet.

Lover of angst and conflict, she enjoys putting her characters through the emotional wringer and bringing them out the other side with an HEA or at the very least, a HFN.

Sue is a PAN member of Romance Writers of America and of the Romantic Novelists Association in the UK. She’s Editor in Chief at http://www.divinemagazine.biz, an online LGBTQ e-zine, and she’s a Charity Board trustee at http://www.beingmecampaign.com in London. 
You can find her down at Queer Romance Ink, All Author and The Paranormal Romance Guild.

She’s passionate about research for her books and has stayed in a circus, taken lessons from a blind person on how it feels to be non-sighted, and travelled to a lighthouse with maintenance crew to see first-hand what it’s like inside. She’s also written a screen play with Hollywood actor and heart-throb Nicholas Downs, with a view to taking her latest release, Sight Unseen, to the big screen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring Sight Unseen. Nicholas and I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete