Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Come One, Come All, It's NaNo Eve... Let the Caffeine-Induced Insanity Begin!

NaNoWriMo Eve, yep, it’s that time again. For the second time I am going to attempt to make the 50k in November. The voices in my head are an overwhelming loony bin. Adding two more and holding off on writing them until midnight strikes is a pain in the ass, but I already have five WIPs underway and one rewrite of a novella.

Asking me do I need to have another challenge thrown my way is futile. Long ago, I decided my voices played the rotating warden of the asylum position while I am merely a bystander, a visitor in the waiting room. I love writing, always have, but I have also learned that writer’s block aka known as Character Mutiny makes me slightly cranky. Slightly may or may not be an understatement.

My attention span darts from one story to another like a roach caught with the lights on. OCD and short attention span usual end up as the death of a story in the making. It’s the challenge. A death gurgle to my inspiration. I know, I know, determination and discipline will be the deciding factors in whether I win or lose this NaNo. An outline tossed about in a sea of indecision or character fickleness.

Do I really need another half-finished novel or novella? Do I need another mid-way creative emotional and mental breakdown? Alas, without much hesitation I say yes. So, on this NaNo Eve and a tentative outline of what I hope will be a finished novel in thirty days I cross my mental fingers, hope for the best and jump headfirst into the novel pool, hoping like Hell I don’t land on my face in a painful heap of inferiority.


Good Luck everyone taking part in another National Novel Writing Month. May your voices and the force of creativity be with you and kick some ass, Writers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment