Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

New Release: More Than What They See - Sappho's Kiss 2




It seems like forever since I started the Sappho's Kiss Series. When Decadent Publishing contracted When All Else Fails Andrea and Eva found a home. The Ladies weren't the first in the series, yet when I starting writing their story something said to lead with them. I loved all the Ladies from day one and with each book that nears The End I find I adore them even more.


Book two found a home with Thirteen Below Press. More Than What They See's Amy Thompson is special to me. She wasn't going to have her own story. Amy was just going to be the lovable slinger of booze who always had a smart ass remark. There were layers to Amy that I needed to explore and in doing so I was compelled to give her a HEA.

She's simply what she is. Just a thirty-something bar manager with an ego the size of the moon. I didn't want her to be broken, but she isn't without her struggles. The challenge was finding her a partner--someone that doesn't take her shit. Which is easier said than done. That's where the prim and proper Maya Chamberlain came in and, man, it wasn't easy.

They are both weighted down with the expectations of their biological families, but what makes it worse is they have ones of their own. Amy is very out and proud and she won't settle for anything else, but as the title implies there's more than what Amy let's people see. Maya is hindered by circumstance and a disability, and can't break the cycle of doing what's expected of her.

Two women who don't hold out much hope for their Happily Ever Afters need to find it within themselves to hold onto the one thing they don't think is meant for them. Amy and Maya were a labor of love. They found their way to almost the top of an extremely long favorites list.

I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I loved writing them.


Buy Links: Thirteen Below Press | ARe

Bartender-extraordinaire Amy Thompson loves her job at Sappho’s Kiss, but grows weary of the party lifestyle she lives. A decade has passed since she’d taken her life into her own hands and said enough was enough.That didn’t mean a lifetime of programming changed overnight and concealing her pain from others was a habit she held to with a steely, white-knuckled grip. That is until she caught sight of big, azure eyes across a coffee shop.

Psychologist Maya Chamberlain tells herself she's content with her life since she was widowed years before. The same crash that took her husband left her with a limp and a loathed cane. She loves her job at the LGBT Youth Center in Colton, Maine’s Pride District until an over-sized, blonde ego plops down across from her in Pink’s Diner.

Can two women who hide what they desire from the rest of the world find freedom and acceptance in each other’s arms?


Excerpt:

“I have a question for you, would you go to dinner with me? I have to work this weekend, but we could make it a lunch since I’m a slacker and work nights.”

“How about we plan for Monday night,” Maya suggested. “My grandmother and I are going to the symphony this weekend. She’s been looking forward to it.”

Amy reached out to stroke her fingertips along Maya’s forearm and leaned in close until she mouthed the curve of her woman’s ear. “Monday then. How much convincing would I have to do to have you waiting at my place when I get home tonight?” She nipped at the side of Maya’s throat.

“Amy,” Maya shrieked, and Amy pulled back.

“What? It’s a question.” The shy almost smile on Maya’s lips made her grin. Amy reached out and stroked her fingertips over the blush highlighting Maya’s cheeks. Cupping the woman’s chin, she lifted until Maya looked at her. “You know, sooner or later, I’d love you in my bed.”

“I know, but, um, I’ve been told,” Maya stopped talking and tried to drop her chin to her chest, but Amy wasn’t having it.

“You’ve been told what?”

“I’m a bit a disappointment in the sex department.”

“Bullshit, if we’re talking about that—him—then he doesn’t know shit, and for your information, being in my bed doesn’t mean you gotta give up the booty. Even if it’s a very nice one. You know, I was checking it out and noticed the first day.”

“You didn’t!”

“Oh yes, I did, so, my place, tonight, you asleep in my bed, and I can curl up with you when I get home.”

“I can’t. My grandmother is expecting me. She’s probably already wondering about me. She’s not frail or anything, she’s in perfect health, but when my parents wanted to send her to a home, I moved her in with me.”

“It’s fine. I’m disappointed, but I’ll survive. Do you want me to call you a cab?”

“No, I’ll be fine. I have a cab service on speed dial, but would you wait outside with me?”

“Of course,” Amy answered and looked toward the dance floor. “Artie, watch the bar.” Cyn would kick her ass, but she didn’t care. She let out a booming laugh when the woman jumped and vaulted over the bar. “You want a job, Artie?”

“Hell no, I like sleeping at night.”

“Suit yourself. I’ll be back, no free drinks.”

“Aye, Aye, Captain!”

Amy ducked beneath the apron of the counter, walking around to wrap her arm around Maya’s shoulders and walking through the door.

“Aww, so sweet!” Artie cackled. Amy flipped her off over her shoulder.

The cab took longer than expected, and she leaned back against the front of the building with Maya’s back against her chest. It was odd how comfortable Maya was, but it wasn’t like her parents or Amy’s or their friends would be driving through. No one would spread rumors, or out them. She wondered if in the real world, when they were outside the sanctuary of the District, if Maya would still be willing to be touched and held by her. Those thoughts would only lead to a dark place, so she shoved them away.

Amy drew gentle patterns on Maya’s stomach, and her woman’s muscles quivered beneath
her touch. She loved how responsive Maya was, as if each touch was new. Part of her understood
she needed to take it slow. A past like this woman’s wasn’t easily forgotten or healed.

“Amy.” Maya whispered her name and lifted her small hands to rest on Amy’s biceps. The offer in the simple touch was tentative and unsure.

She turned Maya in her arms and lifted her hands to hold the delicate chin. “May I,” Amy asked quietly. She was bold and brash by nature, rarely confining her impulse to possess—to kiss. Although with Maya, her control turned tenuous.

The small nod emboldened her, yet she held her needs in check. As much as Amy needed the feel of Maya’s soft mouth conforming under hers, she knew there would be a point that Maya would break and most likely not in the sexy, abandoned way she craved.

Their warm breath mingled, the hesitation encouraging anticipation, and Amy discovered the slow moving seduction made her want Maya more. With a gentle tug, she urged Maya’s lips closer to hers and the moment they met, Amy couldn’t suppress her quiet tortured moan. It incited her desire to near combustible levels. The kiss at its core nearly chaste. She fed at the unbelievable softness of Maya’s lips and savored the innocence she tasted—widowed or not, Maya seemed untouched and
Amy would treat her as such.

The cab pulled up to the curb and Amy reluctantly broke their embrace. “I’ll see you Monday for our date.” Amy’s voice thickened with her need and the pleasure-glazed stare from her woman only heightened her compulsion to keep Maya longer. Instead, with one last quick kiss, she sent Maya home. She hoped like Hell this wasn’t too good to be true.


If you'd like to check out When All Else Fails (Sappho's Kiss Book 1) find the Blurb and links below.




Out and proud Andrea Slade carries around doubts soul deep, her family and job have taught her hard lessons about love. When she meets Eva Lange and starts working with the beautiful, curvy woman, she wants things to be different. Although, she settles for being her friend and boss.

As time passes, Andrea finds it’s not an ideal situation, but she tricks herself into thinking that it’s for the best. That is until the sexy, femme fatale shows up in her office one day in a figure-hugging outfit with plans for seduction.

Full-figured Eva is in touch with her body, embraces the curves, but part of her looks at successful and gorgeous Andrea and decides friends is better than a failed love affair with the somewhat jaded and commitment-phobic divorce attorney. That is, until she decides to take what she wants.

Despite scars and insecurities, when all else fails, there’s love.

No comments:

Post a Comment